Before the creation of vibrators, male masturbators, the sqweel, and all the other fancy sex toys we have today, first there was the dildo. Learn how to use the original sex toy, and find out why this classic is still wildly popular today.
Tips to Using a Dildo
Use the right dildo
Not sure what size you’ll need? It’s better to guess too small than too big. Even better, size things up at home with a zucchini or carrot before you buy.
Girth is the primary measure of a dildo. If you have never used a dildo before we recommend a slim dildo, like the Basix Slimmer 7.5 Inch Dildo. And if you like the sensation move up gradually to something bigger, like an 8 Inch Realistic Black Dildo. Read more in the Dildo Buying Guide.
- Get Comfy. Dildo use works best when relaxed and comfortable.
- USE LUBE! The vagina works much better wet and slippery. It is easier to insert the dildo and to move it in-and-out.
- Start small. Use a slimmer dildo to start. If this is not enough stimulation, move up to a dildo that is larger, or something that has waves. The waves actually cause the vagina to feel more as sensation is felt in the vagina through stretch and pressure receptors rather than simple touch. Start out with a realistic dildo that has a soft ‘skin-like’ feel. This has more give to it and can offer the fullness sensation with greater forgiveness.
- Hold it inside. To keep the sensation of fullness, hold the dildo inside with your hand at the base. Or use a harness or your underwear to hold it inside.
- The old in-out. Slide the dildo in. Don’t forget to breathe. Take the time to explore the fullness sensation.
For the Adventurous:
Don’t be afraid to try something new with your dildo.
- Use a larger dildo. Pushing your limits can be extremely arousing. Move up gradually to larger sizes. Use lots of lube. Remember to breathe through it and don’t go too fast. Let the vagina adjust to the size. If you experience pain, stop and move down in size.
- Use a dildo with waves. If you like extra sensation, try a dildo that has bumps or waves. Try the Don Wands Ribbed Pyrex Dildo.
- Use a thrusting dildo. A Deep Thrusting Dildo is a vaginal dildo that vibrates AND thrusts inside (1” more). Even vibrates against the clitoris, for a truly complete sexual experience.
- Watch yourself. Sit in front of a mirror. There is something highly arousing about seeing an objects move in and out of a vagina. Especially when it is yours.
- Involve your partner. Use a double dildo with your partner. Or ask you partner to do the thrusting.
- Use a condom on your dildo. Using condoms on dildos make them very easy to clean and can be used for many different purposes.
- Explore your anal area with a dildo (remember not to go from anus to vagina without cleaning the dildo very carefully or using a different condom on the dildo).
Cleaning Your Dildo:
1. Wash with hot soapy water.
2. Let air dry or pat dry.
3. Porous material can also be cleaned with a sex toys cleaner.